Monday, August 8, 2011

Fun summer


Trip to Europe


Ok, Ok , I know, I am not the best blogger! I realize it has been a while, and of course we have been very busy with all the kids and the stuff that we are doing.
I guess I should start at the beginning. We had a really long winter this year. It seemed like it would never end. Just when I thought that I could dream about opening the door and letting the nice fresh air in, it would snow again.. . . but we did some really fun things. So, it wasn’t all that bad. Just long.
This year is Brandon’s and My 15th year anniversary, so we decided to do something fun, and though it is in August, we decided that it would be easier on whoever took our kids for them to still be in school when we left. We decided to Go to Slovenija and Austria and The Czech republic. We went for 10 days from the middle of May until the end of May. My mom was gracious enough to come and be with the kids for us. It was so nice having them all together and in their own beds, own routines. . . It was great that my mom would come out and do that for us. Apparently there were some really good storms, and hail. So much that we had to have our shingles re-done a few weeks ago because of it.
Anyways, we stayed with some really good friends of ours, the Majc, then we went up to Salzburg where we toured through the oldest salt mines , which is what made Salzburg so rich, then went up to Prague in Czech. . . It was just amazing to see how old all the stuff is, and the grandeur of the churches, and the old castles. There was a Jewish Quarters where they made all the jews live, and there is a graveyard that has thousands of jews all squished in it from 800 to 1000 years ago. It is very cool.
We had a great time. I think the best part was having him all to myself without distractions, phones, computers or work. It was so good. We could go anywhere we wanted, do whatever we wanted, sleep in late if we wanted. It was nice not having a strict schedule for a few days.

0 comments: